What's New in 2018
Season’s Greetings to everyone!
As we turn the final page on what has been an incredible year of sport in Victoria, we would like to extend a warm thank you to our members and the wider sporting community in Victoria for your generous support in 2017.
Increasing participation in sport is always on our agenda and we will continue to develop and run programs, workshops and events to improve and enhance the Victorian sporting landscape.
Special thanks to VicHealth and the State Government for their ongoing support building resources accessible to everyone in the industry.
Vicsport is pleased to announce that the Board elected its new Chairman and Deputy Chairman, Ron Gauci and Andrew Walton respectively. Margot Foster AM has stepped down as Chairman, having held the position for the past five years, leading the organisation through the most productive and influential phase in its history. We thank Margot for her dedication and commitment to the Victorian sport industry.
We’re really excited about what lies ahead, keep an eye on our Victorian Sport Calendar on the Vicsport website for upcoming events and workshops.
Here’s a few events to look out for in 2018:
- Victorian Sport Awards – Wednesday 14 March, 2018. Nominations are now open! Nominations forms can be found here. Nominations close 15 January, 2018.
- LEAP - Female Professional Development Program – Tue 6 and Wed 7 February, 2018. Applications close 8 January, 2018. Apply here.
- Building Effective Boards Workshop – Wednesday 21 February, 2018. Strengthening practices to elect, appoint, and Induct future board members. Register here.
- 2017/18 Forward Thinking Series: Sport Jam – Increasing participation through innovation. Wed 21 – Thu 22 March, 2018. Details of the Forward Thinking Series can be found here.
- Induction Training Into Victorian Sport – Wednesday 23 May, 2018. Learn the basics of the Victorian sporting industry. Register here.
We will continue to provide support to our members on the Child Safe Standards and Mandatory Board Quotas. If you would like to speak to a Vicsport consultant, please do not hesitate to contact us in the new year.
Take care over the summer break, be safe and see you in 2018.
The Vicsport team.
You may also be interested in...
Melbourne Health History Walks App
The Melbourne Health History Walks app was launched at the 15th World Congress on Public Health, which was held in Melbourne from 3-7 April 2017.
Vicsport hit the road to talk quotas and child safety
The team at Vicsport stepped out of the office and into SSA land to chat to our members and find out what they are doing to prepare for the incoming mandatory board quotas and the Child Safe Standards.