Mental Health Program Providers
VicHealth has provided evidence-based tips on selecting mental health program providers for sports clubs, leagues and associations.
- Providing mental health programs to participants in sports clubs, leagues and associations is vital to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
- Monash University research shows there is a wide range of mental health and wellbeing program providers working with sporting organisations.
- However, the findings show that the sector is largely unregulated, with program providers offering differing services of varying quality.
- VicHealth has developed a toolkit designed to help sports organisations select the right provider and deliver the best possible mental health and wellbeing program to participants.
The information found on this webpage is current at 2020. The business offerings of each provider may have changed since that time. Please visit the websites of each provider for the most up-to-date information about their products and services.
- You will find a list of providers offering mental health and wellbeing support to community sports clubs in Victoria here. Please note that VicHealth and Vicsport do not endorse any providers on this list.
- VicHealth’s Be Healthy blog: Ten go-to mental health organisations for young people
- Reboot Sport blog: 4 Steps to Reboot Mental Health through Sport
- AFL and Orygen guidelines: What works for mental health in sporting teams
- Head to Health advice: https://headtohealth.gov.au/