In simple words - Vicsport's aim is to get as many people in Victoria engaging in sport and physical activity as possible. We are the peak body for sport and active recreation in the state and work closely with the Victorian Government to promote the many benefits sport has to offer.
For over 30 years Vicsport has provided advice, assistance and support to its members and the broader sports community. Through our extensive network, Vicsport’s constituency includes 16,000 clubs and associations and over 3.9 million participants including paid staff and volunteers who make a significant contribution to the social, physical, mental and economic wellbeing of the Victorian community. The following Strategic Overview was developed by Vicsport Board and staff from the Strategic Plan:
Vicsport's Strategic Plan
Vicsport's vision for Victorian sport is a thriving Victorian sports industry, which is well resourced, well governed, innovative and inclusive.
We will support our members to be the best they can be by connecting, informing, supporting and enabling sporting organisations to provide opportunities for sport to play a role in the lives of all Victorians.
The Vicsport Strategic Plan 2021-2025 is available to view and download here.
Click on the image above to download the Rules of Sports Federation of Victoria Incorporated
Vicsport represents its members on the following Panels:
- Centre for Multicultural Youth – Advisory Group for ‘Game Plan: Engaging Multicultural Youth in Sport’
- Channel 31 Community TV Awards – Judging Panel (Most Outstanding Sports Program)
- Deakin University Exercise and Sports Science Advisory Board
- Deakin University Sports Management Advisory Board
- La Trobe University Research Focus Area Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Advisory Committee
- Melbourne Metropolitan Turf Cricket Taskforce
- Physical Literacy Program Advisory Committee – Department of Education
- Social Isolation and loneliness among senior Victorians Advisory Group
- Sport and Recreation Spatial Project Advisory Group
- VicHealth Healthy Sporting Environments Reference Group
- VicHealth Innovation Challenge Assessment Panel
- VicHealth Women Participation Funding Program Assessment Panel
- VicHealth Leading Thinkers Expert Reference Group – Obesity
- Victorian Active Ageing Partnership (VAAP) Project Advisory Group
- Victorian School Sport Council
- Women in Sport and Recreation Taskforce/Inquiry Advisory Panel
- VicHealth State Sport Program – Funding Assessment Panel
- VicHealth State Sport Program – Regional Sports Assemblies Advisory Panel
- Volunteering Victoria – Volunteering in Sport Special Interest Group
- VicHealth Active Women and Girls Health and Wellbeing Program - Review Panel
Click on the links below to access the latest Vicsport Annual Review and Strategic Plan.
2020-2021 Annual Review
2021-2025 Strategic Plan