In simple words - Vicsport's aim is to get as many people in Victoria engaging in sport and physical activity as possible. We are the peak body for sport and active recreation in the state and work closely with the Victorian Government to promote the many benefits sport has to offer.
For over 30 years Vicsport has provided advice, assistance and support to its members and the broader sports community. Through our extensive network, Vicsport’s constituency includes 16,000 clubs and associations and over 3.9 million participants including paid staff and volunteers who make a significant contribution to the social, physical, mental and economic wellbeing of the Victorian community. The following Strategic Overview was developed by Vicsport Board and staff from the Strategic Plan:
Vicsport's Strategic Plan
Vicsport's vision for Victorian sport is a thriving Victorian sports industry, which is well resourced, well governed, innovative and inclusive.
We will support our members to be the best they can be by connecting, informing, supporting and enabling sporting organisations to provide opportunities for sport to play a role in the lives of all Victorians.
The Vicsport Strategic Plan 2021-2025 is available to view and download here.
Click on the image above to download the Rules of Sports Federation of Victoria Incorporated
Vicsport represents its members on the following Panels:
- VALA – Victorian Active Living Alliance
- CSA – Community Sport Australia - Director
- VSSN – Victorian School Sport Network
- Caulfield Racecourse Trust Working Group
- SPRP – Sport Participation Research Project Committee
- Sport Volunteer Coalition – Sport Australia
- Volunteer Taskforce – Victorian Government
- VicHealth – Advisory Panel – Move the Dial project
- ASICE Advisory Council
- CSGE - Sport Gender Equity Reference Group
- Sport Industry RoundTable
- GYMSPARC – La Trobe Uni VicHealth Research project
- Centre for Multicultural Youth - Sport Industry Advisory Committee – CM Youth
- 2022 Preventing Violence Against Women Through Sport Community of Practice
- Deakin University Sports Management Advisory Board
Click on the links below to access the latest Vicsport Annual Review and Strategic Plan.
2020-2021 Annual Review
2021-2025 Strategic Plan