Vicsport is pleased to announce that we have joined the coordination team for the Victorian Active Ageing Partnership (VAAP).
Managed by Musculoskeletal Australia (MSK), the VAAP is a three year project that began in October 2015. It aims to increase opportunities for participation in physical activity for older Victorians, especially in areas of socio-economic disadvantage and among isolated, lonely older people not currently involved in physical activity. Find out more about the Victorian Active Ageing Partnership and how you can become involved.
The coordination team also includes Fitness Australia and Monash University.
Over the next 12 months Vicsport will build stronger links between the VAAP and sport organisations across Victoria.
With resources already available, getting involved in the VAAP is easy. The benefits include:
- Access to an evidence-based best practice framework to engage older people in physical activity.
- Increasing awareness of current initiatives and activities as well as relevant resources and strategies
- Developing and improving knowledge of assisted/referral pathways to support the involvement of older people in physical activity, especially those not currently participating.
Get involved today! Start by:
- Signing up to the VAAP e-newsletter here.
- Read about the VAAP evidence-based best practice framework here.
- Use the VAAP self-assessment tool to assist you review and reflect on your current programs and activities, to think about what you are currently doing and if it might need to be improved. Read more here.
- Watch the videos about engaging under-represented groups of older adults in physical activity.
Participation Strategy Manager
(03) 9698 8100
You may also be interested in...
Budget Provides $226 Million for Community Sports and Facilities
The 2015-16 Victorian Budget provides $226 million to support the community sports clubs and upgrade stadiums and venues across the state so they can host more events and hold more spectators
LIVESTREAMING – REAL EXAMPLES OF HOW IT COULD WORK FOR YOU!
In the past three years, My Sport Live (MSL) has broadcast over 250 events across more than 40 different sports – and each related client has a story to share relating to the success of their streams
Asia-Pacific Sports Analytics Conference
The 2016 Asia-Pacific Sports Analytics Conference (SAC) will take place on 22 July, 2016 at NAB Docklands, Melbourne. The conference is the premier forum for industry professionals and executives interested in the role of data and analytics in the Australian and global sports industry.