Vicsport is pleased to announce that we have joined the coordination team for the Victorian Active Ageing Partnership (VAAP).
Managed by Musculoskeletal Australia (MSK), the VAAP is a three year project that began in October 2015. It aims to increase opportunities for participation in physical activity for older Victorians, especially in areas of socio-economic disadvantage and among isolated, lonely older people not currently involved in physical activity. Find out more about the Victorian Active Ageing Partnership and how you can become involved.
The coordination team also includes Fitness Australia and Monash University.
Over the next 12 months Vicsport will build stronger links between the VAAP and sport organisations across Victoria.
With resources already available, getting involved in the VAAP is easy. The benefits include:
- Access to an evidence-based best practice framework to engage older people in physical activity.
- Increasing awareness of current initiatives and activities as well as relevant resources and strategies
- Developing and improving knowledge of assisted/referral pathways to support the involvement of older people in physical activity, especially those not currently participating.
Get involved today! Start by:
- Signing up to the VAAP e-newsletter here.
- Read about the VAAP evidence-based best practice framework here.
- Use the VAAP self-assessment tool to assist you review and reflect on your current programs and activities, to think about what you are currently doing and if it might need to be improved. Read more here.
- Watch the videos about engaging under-represented groups of older adults in physical activity.
Participation Strategy Manager
(03) 9698 8100
You may also be interested in...
Sport for All Abilities Breakfast - Wrap
The Sport for All Abilities breakfast was a hit! Read all about it...
Basketball Victoria’s #OneAfrica Match Unites a Community
Under the lights of Dandenong Stadium, Basketball Victoria celebrates African culture and heritage through music and dance.