Connect & Support Participation Network Session
Let's get connected!
The Connect & Support Participation Network is designed to create opportunities for those working within the sporting industry to network, share ideas and learn.
The sessions are designed for staff working in State Sporting Associations, Local Government Authorities and Regional Sports Assemblies, specifically those in program development, inclusion. If you have any questions about joining the network, please email Meredith at email@example.com
Join us at the October Connect & Support Session to hear about two excellent initiatives helping sport rebound from COVID-19: :
- The Phoenix Project – Disability Sport & Recreation: The Phoenix Project is a new team of six (5.0 FTE), tasked with addressing these participation rates in the wake of the new challenges caused by the pandemic. The project aims to support the sector to ensure that people with disability feel confident and safe when they return to sport and recreation. It will also be building the organisational capacity of DSR, and the sector, to be more inclusive, representative, intersectional and accessible.
- Supporting Regional Clubs – Regional Sport Victoria: RSV has begun working with seven Regional Sports Assemblies to conduct a research project designed to better understand the position of regional sport clubs, leagues, and associations, what their concerns are, and which areas Regional Sport Victoria should be focusing on to best service and assist them.
Date: Thursday, 21 October 2021
Time: 12:30pm - 1:45pm (optional to stay on for a chat until 2pm)
Location: Zoom (link sent the day prior)
Our October session will involve:
- Updates from Vicsport, VicHealth and La Trobe University Centre for Sport & Social Impact
- Speed networking sessions.
- DSR & RSV case studies and group discussion.
To find out more about the Connect & Support Participation Network, or to be added to the invite list please get in touch with Meredith (Vicsport) - firstname.lastname@example.org
|Thu Oct 21 2021, 12:30pm — Thu Oct 21 2021, 2:00pm|
Registration - $0.00 (Member: Free)