Nominations Open for 2021 VSAs
It is with great pleasure that the State Government of Victoria and Vicsport announces nominations for the 2021 Victorian Sport Awards are now open!
Each year, the Victorian Sport Awards honours those who have made an outstanding contribution to sport in Victoria as an individual athlete or as a team as well as coaches, administrators, volunteers, local governments and media from metropolitan and regional areas in Victoria.
Acknowledging achievements for the 2021 calendar year, from those at a grassroots level all the way up to the elite athletes who excelled at the Tokyo Olympic Games, 19 categories are open for nominations by the Victorian sporting community this year.
Vicsport Chair Ron Gauci says:
“The Victorian Sport Awards is the premier event on the Victorian sporting calendar and Vicsport is delighted to once again recognise and celebrate the wonderful achievements of the sport and recreation community this year.
“2021 was another tough year for Victorians, impacting our physical and mental health as well as our livelihoods while challenging us to again find new ways to cope. These Awards provide an opportunity to highlight the positive aspects of the year, celebrating the people who responded to those challenges and kept the sport and recreation sector thriving. Many have made a significant difference in the most difficult of times and are therefore deserved of the recognition these awards provide.”
Vicsport members are encouraged to submit nominations for the Victorian Sport Awards with the selection process, eligibility criteria and voting system for the Awards found here while the list of Awards are detailed below.
Be sure to generate nominations from all levels within your sport with the process open to everyone and when posting on social media, use the hashtag #VSAs.
- Southern Cross Trophies Coach of the Year
- Gallagher Community Coach of the Year
- Sports Accounting Australia Official of the Year
- etrainu Community Official of the Year
- AFL SportsReady Young Team of the Year
- AED Authority Team of the Year
- My Sport Live Community Sporting Event of the Year
- Love the Game Community Sporting Club of the Year
- GameDay Sports Administrator of the Year - Eunice Gill Award
- Sport Initiative of the Year
- Bunnings Trade Local Government Initiative of the Year
- VALO Volunteer of the Year
- VicHealth Active Recreation Initiative of the Year
- Involve Masters Athlete of the Year
- Global Wellness Tracking Young Athlete of the Year
- View Melbourne Outstanding Media Coverage of Sport Award
- Sport Group Peter Norman Inclusion Award
- Governor's Award Victorian Male Athlete of the Year - Frank Wilkes Award
- Governor's Award Victorian Female Athlete of the Year - Kitty McEwan Award
- Victorian State Government Outstanding Contribution to Victorian Sport
Nominations for all awards close 16 March 2022.