2020 Victorian Sport Awards
The Victorian Sport Awards is the night of nights for the Victorian sporting community, an event that recognises and celebrates the achievements of our home-grown sporting heroes and legends.
Due to the statewide Victorian lockdown in early June, this year's Awards have been rescheduled to Wednesday 25 August with tickets available until Friday 13 August. All event information can be found here.
Each year, the Victorian Sport Awards honours those who have made an outstanding contribution to sport in Victoria as an individual or team athletes, coaches, administrators, and volunteers from both metropolitan and regional areas in Victoria. However, with sport on a lengthy hiatus through most of 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s Awards will be presented slightly differently.
Eight awards will be honoured with a focus on initiatives and innovations, seven of which can be nominated by the Victorian sporting community in addition to the most prestigious award of the night, the Victorian State Government Outstanding Contribution to Victorian Sport Award.
• GameDay Administrator of the Year - Eunice Gill Award
• Love the Game Volunteer of the Year
• Bunnings Trade Local Government Initiative of the Year
• VicHealth Active Recreation Initiative of the Year
• Sport Group Peter Norman Inclusion Award
• Involve Group Outstanding Media Coverage of Sport Award
• Sports Accounting Australia Sport Initiative of the Year - NEW
• Victorian State Government Outstanding Contribution to Victorian Sport
2020’s inaugural award, the ‘Sports Accounting Australia Sport Initiative of the Year’ will specifically celebrate the innovative initiatives that sports produced during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
Eligibility criteria regarding the 2020 Victorian Sport Awards can be found here.
Please note, in order to provide a safe experience for all attendees, Vicsport will be adhering to the Victorian Government’s COVID safe guidelines for this event.