Vicsport Guiding Sport
Experts in sport governance after leading the push for improved governance processes and board diversity across the industry, Vicsport are now seeking further Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from sports requiring consultation services.
For over 30 years, Vicsport has provided advice, assistance and support to its members and the broader sports community as the peak body for sport and active recreation in the state.
Vicsport represents and supports the sporting community with the aim to encourage and assist more Victorians to enjoy the enormous benefits that sport and active recreation can provide.
Through the Good Governance Framework and Toolkit originally published in 2009 and updated in 2015 and 2018, Vicsport has helped to improve governance practices, increase skills and develop greater board diversity within Victorian sport organisations.
The resource has been accessed frequently by sport organisations and is regarded as the industry standard for best practice governance. Vicsport has also provided dedicated 1:1 support to a range of Victorian SSAs, resulting in more diverse and capable sport boards. Projects completed in this area include:
- Strategic Plan Development (BMX Victoria)
- Board Reviews & Governance Health Checks (Netball Victoria)
- Board Skills Audits (Boxing Victoria, Little Athletics Victoria)
- Board Training & Development (Calisthenics Victoria)
- 40% Women on Board Quotas – Action Plans (Victorian Billiards & Snooker)
Vicsport’s strategic priorities include increasing access to participation opportunities for all Victorians in a safe, fair and inclusive environment. To achieve this, Vicsport works to build the capacity of members to be inclusive of the broader community through human-centred approaches to the design and delivery of sport programs.
Vicsport developed the Welcoming Sport resource with VicHealth to help guide sport organisations to become more inclusive through changes to policies, practices and physical environments.
In addition, the Forward Thinking Series has run for the past six years and has introduced many ideas, processes and innovation concepts to assist members to keep up with community expectations. Projects led by Vicsport in this area include:
- Scope Balloon Football Review – Vicsport led a process to consult with potential partners and developed a customer journey map to strengthen participation in the league.
- Baseball Victoria (BV) Inclusion Strategy – Vicsport led the development of a strategy for BV to develop new pathways and programs for people with Autism.
- Cricket Victoria – Child Safety Standards Workforce Development Plan
If your organisation needs assistance, fill out the attached form here and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 5 December. For more information about Vicsport’s consultation services, contact:
Anthony Bowd, Manager Strategic Projects; email@example.com (03) 9698 8102
Tom Dixon, Participation Strategy Manager; firstname.lastname@example.org (03) 9698 8106
Fiona Jones, Sports Consultant; email@example.com (03) 9698 8109