Changes to the Victorian Child Safe Standards – Engaging Children, Families & Communities
Join Vicsport and Body Safety Australia to learn practical strategies for engaging children, families & communities and providing a child safe sporting environment.
New Child Safe Standards to strengthen child safety will commence in Victoria on 1 July 2022. Within the 11 new Standards there are four key areas of difference:
- Involving families and communities in organisations’ efforts to keep children and young people safe
- A greater focus on safety for Aboriginal children and young people
- Managing the risk of child abuse in online environments
- Strengthening governance, systems and processes to keep children and young people safe.
During this short one-hour webinar, Vicsport and Body Safety Australia (BSA) will address the area of engaging children, families and communities.
- Deanne Carson (CEO, Body Safety Australia) will provide guidance, insights and practical strategies for how sporting organisations can engage children, families and communities when creating child safe environments.
- Fiona Jones (Sports Consultant, Vicsport) will provide an overview of requirements sport organisations will need to meet when the new Standards take effect, focusing on incoming standards 3 & 4 – Engaging children, youth, families & communities.
This webinar is open to sport and recreation organisations, big and small, to allow time for planning and preparation for 2022.
This is the second in a series of webinars Vicsport will run to assist our members adapt to the new standards.
Fiona Jones (Sports Consultant, Vicsport)
|Tue Dec 14 2021, 1:00pm — Tue Dec 14 2021, 2:00pm|
Free (Member: Free)