Doing Strategy Differently
Board directors: how will you do strategy differently after COVID-19?
Vicsport, supported by VicHealth, is running three online workshops for board directors of State Sport Associations and Regional Sports Assemblies about the role of directors in planning and managing strategy for new markets and ways of doing sport differently. The series will focus on:
- Cross sport networking - hear how other directors have handled 2020
- Strategic insights - hear from leading practitioners in the participation and innovation space
- Recommendations - on the questions to ask as a director to manage a modern, growth based strategy
Series facilitator - Kate Palmer
Kate is the former CEO at Sport Australia, Netball Australia and Netball Victoria. She is also an experienced director as former Chair of the Victorian Institute of Sport, a Trustee of the MCG Trust, Director of the International Netball Federation and of TTNL Ltd (ANZ Championship).
Session #1 - Doing Sport (Strategy) Differently
- Hear from the La Trobe University Centre for Sport & Social Impact's Director, Professor Matthew Nicholson and Research Fellow, Dr Erica Randle as they unpack how board directors can develop sound strategies using the doing sport differently principles - a set of six key sport participation insights based on years of research and evaluation of new and modified sport products.
- Kate Palmer will lead a Q&A with Victorian directors about the implementation of strategies to target new markets.
This series is free and open to board directors and CEOs of State Sport Associations and Regional Sports Assemblies in Victoria.
Sessions 2 and 3 will be held in early 2021. We will ask you to register just once for all three sessions. We will send out Zoom links and record sessions if you are unavailable.
Vicsport Participation & Innovation Manager
NB: You must be an SSA/RSA board director or CEO (or equivalent head of the organisation) to attend.
Register for this event
|Wed Dec 2 2020, 8:00am — Wed Dec 2 2020, 9:15am|
Free (Member: Free)