Save the Date for the 2022 Victorian Sport Awards
The Victorian Sport Awards (VSAs) is the night of nights for the Victorian sporting community; recognising and celebrating participants, teams, coaches, administrators, volunteers, media and the initiatives that keep us active across all levels of sport in Victoria.
Presented by the State Government of Victoria and Vicsport, this year’s VSAs will be held on Wednesday 7 June, 2023 in the Victory Room at Marvel Stadium.
Honouring those who have made an outstanding contribution to sport in Victoria during the 2022 calendar year, the VSAs acknowledge the full spectrum of Victorian sport across metropolitan and regional areas; from grassroots heroes to those who excelled at the Commonwealth Games and Winter Olympics and everyone in between.
Each year, the VSAs receives hundreds of nominations which aim to recognise and celebrate the exceptional members of the Victorian sporting community. In total, 20 awards will be presented on the night at Marvel Stadium, of which 19 are available for nominations.
Nominations for the Awards open on Monday 6 February, 2023 and close on Friday 3 March, 2023 via the Vicsport website.
Four finalists for each of those 19 awards will then be announced in April before the winners are revealed on Wednesday 7 June at Marvel Stadium.
All finalists, family, friends, sporting organisations and clubs are invited to attend the VSAs and celebrate the successes of sport in Victoria. Ticketing details will be announced soon.
Wednesday 7 June, 2023
6.00pm – 10.00pm
Victory Room at Marvel Stadium
Categories in the 2022 Victorian Sport Awards are as follows:
- Southern Cross Trophies Coach of the Year
- Gallagher Community Coach of the Year
- Sports Accounting Australia Official of the Year
- etrainu Community Official of the Year
- AFL SportsReady Young Team of the Year
- AED Authority Team of the Year
- My Sport Live Community Sporting Event of the Year
- Love the Game Community Sporting Club of the Year
- GameDay Sports Administrator of the Year - Eunice Gill Award
- Leasexpress Sport Initiative of the Year
- Bunnings Trade Local Government Initiative of the Year
- VALO Volunteer of the Year
- VicHealth Active Recreation Initiative of the Year
- Involve Masters Athlete of the Year
- rebel Young Athlete of the Year
- View Melbourne Outstanding Media Coverage of Sport Award
- Polytan Peter Norman Inclusion Award
- Frank Wilkes Award
- Kitty McEwan Award
- Victorian State Government Outstanding Contribution to Victorian Sport Award
More information on the 2022 Victorian Sport Awards can be found here.