Launch of the Victorian MPIO network
Vicsport, in partnership with Sport & Recreation Victoria (SRV) are pleased to launch the Victorian Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) Network.
This Network has been established to support State Sporting Association (SSA), Regional Sport Assemblies (RSAs) and other key stakeholder organisations with staff working with or managing MPIO related issues.
The Network will work closely in conjunction with SRV and Play by the Rules (as a key stakeholder) to deliver support and assistance in the following areas:
- Run 3-4 Forums each year to hear from leading industry figures on issues such as Effectively Managing and Handling Disputes, Bullying & Harassment, Discrimination, Privacy etc.
- The opportunity to network and discuss MPIO related matters with colleagues from other sporting organisations.
- Receive newsletters and resources relating to MPIO and broader Sport Integrity related issues.
- Access to a Help Desk to answer queries on MPIO related issues (Note: this is not a dispute resolution or mediation service. The information and assistance is of a general nature only).
- Information on up and coming MPIO training courses (training and registration of MPIO’s will continue to be run by Sport & Recreation Victoria)
Vicsport is pleased to provide details of the first MPIO Network meeting:
Effectively Handling & Managing Disputes
Hear from leading industry figures and sports sharing their experience. The workshop will also provide the opportunity to network and workshop strategies for effectively handling and managing disputes.
Date: Wednesday 19th February 2020
Location: Training Room. Sports House 375 Albert Rd, South Melbourne 3205
Time: Arrival from 9.30am. Forum from 10.00am-12.30pm
Cost: Free. Coffee and Tea on arrival. Morning tea will be provided.
If you're unable to attend in person Vicsport will be live streaming the event. Further details to be provided.
Any queries should be directed to: