COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update and Links
Vicsport is monitoring the situation regarding coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and its impact on sporting clubs and sporting events.
The information below may help in communicating with sporting clubs and members.
- The latest updates from Sport and Recreation Victoria can be found here.
- Links to the latest COVID-19 information and resources are available from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) here.
- Sport Australia has provided guidelines for community sport here.
- It is worth taking note of the advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO) for COVID-19 as well as the upcoming flu season here.
- This link from the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) regards travelling for sport events.
- The Victorian Multicultural Commission has published language translated information, including factsheets and promotional materials, here.
- Additional information on future travel plans can be accessed from Smarttraveller here.
BUSINESS SUPPORT PACKAGES
- Register for the coronavirus business support fund at Business Victoria and find advice, updates and support to help your workplace plan and respond to COVID-19 here.
- Find information about cash flow assistance for businesses here.
- Below is information from Sports Accounting Australia regarding funding to help businesses keep their employees and you can find more information via the PDF here. If you require specific advice, please contact:
Nataleigh Gleeson- Administration Manager
0422 677 531
The Government have released more funding to help businesses keep their employees. In summary, the payment is $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight for each employee (FT, PT and Casual)
1. Your Business turnover needs to have reduced by more than 30% compared to the same period 12 months ago
2. Employee must have started work no later than 1st March 2020
3. Employee is FT, PT or Casual ( must have been employed for at least 12 months on a regular basis)
4. Employee is over 16yrs of age
5. Employee is an Australian Citizen or holds a permanent visa
6. Employee is not already receiving Job Keeper payments from another employer
1. Employees who are eligible will receive $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight
2. For employees who will receive this payment, but are not actually working for you then NO SUPER is payable on this
3. For employees who are still working and just need to be topped up to the $1,500, then you only pay super on the portion of paid work they have done
4. Employees who earn more than $1,500 per fortnight, then no additional payment is required to be made to them, this $1,500 is to help you subsidise their cost.
Payments are expected to be made from the 1st week of May 2020. If you feel you are eligible for this funding, please click here on the below link to register your interest.
- Sports Accounting Australia has also advised on the additional $10,000 grant that businesses may be eligible for:
1. Been subject to closure or highly impacted by Non Essential Activity Directions
2. Employ staff
3. Have a Turnover (Gross Profit) of more than $75,000
4. Expect Payroll to be less than $650,000 for this FY 19/20 (Jul – June)
If you meet this criteria, click here to fill in the document. You will need a copy of your recent BAS submission, which you can obtain through Xero on the Dec BAS bill. Contact Nataleigh if you have further questions.
- Victorian sporting associations and clubs are discovering new ways to remain active and healthy while COVID-19 shuts down competition. Find a list here and tag Vicsport on social media if your sport or club is thinking outside the box to keep participants engaged.
- Our partners, HR Advice Online, have provided an update for us to pass on to you, our members, in relation to managing COVID-19 from an employer perspective here.
The information provided is general in nature; should you wish to receive specific advice for your business, please contact HR Advice Online at email@example.com or 1300 720 004.
- Lander and Rogers have created a fact sheet for sports to follow when preparing for AGM's here.
- Sports Accounting Australia has put together a fact sheet to help sports understand what funding might be available to them in the light of COVID-19 here.
- Use this checklist to ensure you have correct OH&S guidelines set up for working from home.
- Triathlon Victoria have put together a home office self-assessment checklist here and a working remotely checklist here.
- If you can't get together for a presentation or awards night, My Sport Live has you covered with their high-quality live-streaming and video content team ready to assist.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to call the Vicsport office on 9698 8100 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org