“The Goods Sports program has enhanced the understanding of responsible alcohol consumption among sporting clubs who participated in the Healthy Sporting Environment Program” (Healthy Sporting Environments evaluation)
The Good Sports program is a primary resource of the Australian Drug Foundation.
The Good Sports program uses a setting-based approach towards alcohol related issues via a three-tiered accreditation program.
- Liquor licencing legal obligations
- Bar management strategies
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training for bar
- Smoke-free environment benefits
- Providing low alcohol and non-alcoholic drink options
- Implementing a safe transport strategy
- Providing food options when alcohol is served
- Development of an Alcohol Management Policy
- Clear plans to reduce and prevent underage and problem drinking
Watch this YouTube video to see whats in it for clubs.