2019 Outstanding Media Coverage of Sport
Nominations close 30 November 2019 and are open to:
This inagural award recognises the coverage of elite and community sport to the wider public via various online, digital, broadcast and/or print media platforms in 2019. Through positive and inspiring media coverage, the sport has benefited from an improved public-facing image, increased participation, inclusivity and/or greater exposure.
To be eligible to be considered in this category, the nominee must:
- Work for or on behalf of mainstream media covering sport
- Work for or on behalf of a community and/or active recreation club/group or individual within Victoria, o
- Work for or on behalf of a State Sporting Association, Regional Sports Assembly or Vicsport Associate Member
- Nominations are open to organisation and/or individuals in both paid and unpaid media positions
- Exceptional media coverage
- The impact to have altered or maintain a positive image in the community as a result of the coverage
- The impact to participation in the community as a result of the coverage
- Demonstrated achievement to showcase the sport as welcoming, safe and inclusive
Selection Process & Voting:
For all information regarding selection and voting processes, return to the 2019 Victorian Sport Award Nominations Information page.