Womens Professional Development Program
The LEAP (Lead, Engage, Achieve, Promote) program continues in 2024, focusing on developing the talent and leadership skills of women in sport administration. In partnership with the State Government of Victoria, LEAP aims to inspire sport administrators to reach their full potential and leadership capabilities. The last cohort saw 25 participants from various sporting organisations graduate from the LEAP program.
You can watch testimonials from previous LEAP participants below:
Who can apply?
Participants need to meet the following selection criteria to be eligible to participate in the LEAP program.
- Hold a management position in sport or active recreation for five (5) years or less.
- Be ambitious and possess a desire to improve their leadership capabilities and progress to more senior positions within the sport and recreation sector.
- Be open to mentoring and be actively engaged in the process.
- Committed to completing the required project outside of the session times.
- Attendance in-person at all sessions is essential.
- Applicants must reside in Victoria.
Key Program Outcomes
- Building personal and group leadership capability.
- Create an interactive community of leading women who are supportive of themselves, each other and those who follow them.
- Foster an environment of collaboration and sharing among stakeholder organisations.
- Promote the roles of women leaders across all aspects of sport.
The LEAP program is based on developing the following capacity and capability in participants:
- Personal and group leadership capability.
- Creating an interactive network of leading women who are supportive of themselves, each other and those who follow them.
- Foster an environment of collaboration and sharing of the unique challenges women face in the sector, with a proactive, solutions based approach.
- Develop the capability of participants to promote their abilities/skills.
- Utilise the skills of an assigned mentor to assist in their development.
Guest speakers, from both inside and outside of sport, will be engaged to encourage creative thinking and different perspectives on the challenges faced by women in the workplace.
Participants are required to deliver the following at the completion of the LEAP program:
- A group assignment with other members of the LEAP group
The program will be a combination of facilitation by Mad4Leaders and Vicsport – a perfect blend of theory, experience outside of sport and the translation to the sporting context. Guest speakers will also be included in the program.
The program will run for 4 days (as outlined below) and will feature a graduation ceremony at the end with each LEAP participant receiving a certificate for their participation.
Days 1 & 2 (Residential)
Day 4 (Including Graduation)
Cost and Inclusions
It is highly encouraged that this program be treated as per any request for professional development and is paid for by the employer. This is an investment in the employer’s leadership staff and will directly benefit the organisation as well as the individual.
Through funding from the State Government of Victoria, this high-quality course has been able to be provided at a significantly reduced rate, aiming to be affordable to sport and active recreation organisations. The prices for the 2024 LEAP program are $1100 for Vicsport members and $1400 for non-members.
Employers will be forwarded an invitation to attend the Graduation Ceremony to show their support for their participant. The organisation will be ‘tagged’ in social media communications relating to the course to highlight their support for women in sport administration positions.
The program costs have been kept to a minimum.
Should you have any queries, please contact:
Expression of Interest