Forward Thinking Series: Sport Jam
Join us for an exciting 2-day workshop on March 21-22!
Less active Victorians represent one of the biggest opportunities to increase sport participation. How do we bring these people in to create healthier, happier communities?
This unique two-day event is about building capability and capacity across the sport sector to blend ideas of innovation and creativity, and develop new approaches increasing participation. The theme for this event will be about innovations that get ’less active’ Victorians involved in sport.
The 2-day Sport Jam is open to anyone employed in the Victorian Sport Industry. You will benefit by:
- Gaining first-hand experience applying innovation methods you can apply in your organisation.
- Strengthen your ability to provide greater value to potential participants in your sport.
- Working in a dynamic team to co-design new approaches to the delivery of sport and active recreation.
How will it work?
Attendees will commit to the full two days, with the benefit of spending both days working in groups of ten led by the Team Captains.
Across two days, teams will follow a design sprint process and utilise the diverse skills and knowledge within each group to develop applicable solutions to increase participation by less active Victorians. At the end of day two, each team will pitch their idea to the other groups at the Sport Jam, as well as senior sport industry leaders.
We have met with senior industry leaders, including state level CEOs and national participation managers, to identify the key opportunities they would like to see addressed at the Sport Jam workshop. As a result, we will be working within the following four themes:
- Transitioning children from school settings into ongoing participation in community sport
- Exploring new models of collaborative approaches to engage less active people
- Positioning sport as the first choice in preventative health care
- Using creative play or gamification to build physical literacy in children
- Attendees welcomed
- Teams put together
- Teams define the opportunity they are addressing
- Research to inform and inspire ideas
- Brainstorm potential solutions
- Set up a method to test ideas
- Reflect on day 1
- Build a prototype to define the idea
- Create a pitch to bring the idea to life
- Pitch the idea to the room
- Reflection and wrap up
Participation Strategy Manager
P 9698 8100
|Wed Mar 21 2018, 9:00am — Thu Mar 22 2018, 5:00pm|
Forward Thinking Series: Sport Jam (21 & 22 March 2018) - Free (Member: Free)
|Sandridge Events Centre, 525 Williamstown Road Port Melbourne VIC 3207|