Child Safe Clubs
A webinar to support Victorian sporting clubs with child safety
This 90-minute webinar will focus on a number of key considerations for clubs, leagues and associations when creating child safe environments. The session will incorporate practical strategies and time for Q&A. Note that this webinar will be run after regular work hours.
Take away learnings will include:
- An overview of the 11 Victorian Child Safe Standards.
- An outline of what is required by clubs to meet the Standards.
- Key support services and resources to assist clubs.
Facilitator: Laura Johnson - People, Integrity & Culture Consulting
Laura is a lawyer by training who transitioned to professional services, corporate and
sport industry roles in people & culture, facilitation, professional development and sport
integrity. Through her People, Integrity & Culture Consulting business, Laura
is a trusted Sport Integrity and People & Culture advisor to, and facilitator for many
sports, peak sporting bodies such as Commonwealth Games Australia and Vicsport, as
well as not-for-profit and corporate clients.
As GM People & Culture & HO Integrity for Swimming Australia from 2015-2019, Laura designed and developed the first “Safe Sport Framework” for Australian sport. Now a leading sport integrity and child safeguarding expert, Laura:
- Creates child-safe frameworks, policies and simplified resources;
- Designs and delivers engaging child safeguarding awareness workshops; and
- Leads the investigation and management of the most sensitive conduct issues.
- This free webinar is open to Victorian sporting clubs, leagues and associations.
- Captioning will be available for this online webinar.
- This webinar will not be recorded.
- We encourage attendees to review Vicsport's child safety resources here.
Date: Monday 28th November 2022
Time: 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Location: Zoom Webinar (a link will be sent prior 24hrs prior to the event)
Contact: Michaela Cook (Participation and Inclusion Manager) via firstname.lastname@example.org
|Mon Nov 28 2022, 6:00pm — Mon Nov 28 2022, 7:30pm|
Event Registration - $0.00 (Member: Free)