Reducing Gambling Harm in Community Sport
Targeted at Local Government Authorities, this forum will support local councils to take a coordinated approach to reduce gambling harm and embed changes within community sport settings.
Vicsport have collaborated with Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation and the Victorian Local Governance Association to bring you this webinar focused on reducing gambling harm in community sport.
Targeted at Local Government Authorities (LGAs), the free hour-long webinar will provide support for local councils to take a coordinated approach in reducing gambling harm. Through case studies and roadmaps, advice on removing barriers will be provided as well as resources to help implement and embed change within community sport settings.
- Increased awareness of gambling harm as a public health issue and the role that sporting clubs can play in reducing and preventing harm
- Understanding of more coordinated approaches within council between Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plan teams and Sport and Recreation staff in addressing gambling harm prevention
- Upskilling on gambling harm prevention initiatives through case studies
- Resources to assist in reducing gambling harm within your community sport setting
- Lisa Hasker - CEO at Vicsport (MC)
- Sharin Milner - Senior Prevention Partnerships Advisor at Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation
- Simon Harrex - Gambling Policy Lead at Victorian Local Governance Association
- Cassandra Crothers-Swensson, Health Promotion Practitioner, Monash Health
- Registration will cut off at 4pm Tuesday 24 May 2022
- You will receive a link to access the webinar the day before the event via email.
For event queries contact Vicsport via firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for this event
|Thu May 26 2022, 11:00am — Thu May 26 2022, 12:00pm|
Free (Member: Free)
|Online- via Zoom|