Upcoming Changes to the Victorian Child Safe Standards
Join Vicsport and CCYP to learn about the new Victorian Child Safe Standards.
New Child Safe Standards to strengthen child safety will commence in Victoria on 1 July 2022. During this short one-hour webinar, Vicsport and the Commission for Children & Young People (CCYP) will outline the requirements sport organisations will need to meet when the new Standards take effect.
Although similar to Victoria’s current Child Safe Standards, key changes include new requirements:
- to involve families and communities in organisations’ efforts to keep children and young people safe
- for a greater focus on safety for Aboriginal children and young people
- to manage the risk of child abuse in online environments
- in relation to governance, systems and processes to keep children and young people safe.
This webinar is free and open to all sport and recreation organisations, big and small, to allow time for planning and preparation for 2022. You will hear from:
- Pam Boag: Manager, Education and Capacity Building, CCYP
- Frances Blair: Manager, Regulatory Compliance, CCYP
- Tom Dixon: Participation & Innovation Manager, Vicsport
Following the main presentation there will be the chance to ask questions of the speakers. This will be the first in a series of webinars Vicsport will run to assist our members adapt to the new standards.
Participation & Innovation Manager
Register for this event
|Tue Oct 26 2021, 10:00am — Tue Oct 26 2021, 11:00am|
Event Registration - $0.00 (Member: Free)