Innovation Insights for Leaders in Sport
Learn how to lead exploration and build a world class innovation culture
Now, more than ever, sport organisations need to build resilience and protect against threats of disruption. We need to explore new ideas and business models to enhance the long term sustainability of our industry.
Exploring new ideas and business models is different to exploiting the models already in place. It requires different skills, processes, and behaviours.
In collaboration with Vicsport’s Participation & Innovation Manager Tom Dixon and Triathlon Victoria CEO Grant Cosgriff, Fred will outline the skills leaders in sport can develop to lead innovation which builds long term resilience and sustainability.
Topics covered will include:
- Competing on superior business models (using Triathlon Victoria as a case study)
- Leaders’ role in business model innovation process
- Leaders’ role in testing business ideas
- Designing and nurturing an innovation culture that enables repeatable outcomes
Following the session, you will understand the requirements for world class innovation, including how to:
- Manage an innovation portfolio
- Shape a world-class innovation culture and eliminating innovation blockers
- Support innovation teams as they go through business design & test loops
- Measure progress of innovation projects
- Use evidence to make investment decisions in an innovation portfolio.
This event will be delivered in person only, with arrival coffee, morning tea and lunch provided.
The event is limited to 25 attendees, and each attendee will receive a free copy of The Invincible Company. You must be a CEO, senior manager or board director at a state sport association, regional sports assembly, state sport and recreation body or national sports organisation.
The cost is $100 for Vicsport member organisations and $200 for non-member organisations. If you are unsure of your eligibility to attend, please contact Tom via the details below.
Participation & Innovation Manager
Registrations have closed as of Fri Apr 16 2021
|Today, 8:30am — Today, 12:30pm|
Event Registration - Member - $100.00 (Member: $100.00)
Event Registration - Non-Member - $200.00 (Member: $200)
|Champions Room, MSAC, 30 Aughtie Drive Albert Park VIC 3206|