Doing Sport Differently Webinar #3 – Restoring confidence: Sport activities
People may be feeling less confident physically, socially and emotionally in returning to sport and have fears regarding their health and how to behave following the COVID-19 pandemic. This webinar series will focus on ‘Using the Doing Sport Differently principles to restore confidence in grassroots sport.’
In partnership with VicHealth and the La Trobe University Centre for Sport and Social Impact (CSSI), Vicsport is coordinating three ‘Doing Sport Differently’ webinars over three weeks.
The series is aimed at sport and recreation clubs, assisting them to restore confidence in participants and volunteers as well as providing a positive and safe customer experience following the COVID-19 pandemic.
All three webinars will feature recorded presentations from experts in the field which will be available to be downloaded and utilised by clubs, SSAs, RSAs and LGAs for their own localised webinars with smaller groups of clubs to unpack local challenges and opportunities.
The third ‘Doing Sport Differently’ webinar, titled ‘Restoring confidence: Sport activities’ will focus on:
- Participation to cater to all types of skills and fitness
- Addressing participants’ fears of not being fit enough following COVID-19 and a sense of belonging
- Addressing the fear around COVID-19 and whether clubs are safe
- Supporting participants back into activity
- Injury prevention strategies
The discussion will be moderated by Vicsport with guest speakers including:
- Victoria Edmondson- Head of Customer Experience, Netball Australia
- Jill Taylor- National Coaching Development Manager, Athletics Australia
- Cassandra Hadson- General Manager, Regional Sport Victoria
- Shelley White- Senior Project Officer Physical Acitvity, VicHealth
- Dr. Erica Randle - Centre for Sport and Social Impact, La Trobe University
This is a free event aimed at sport and recreation clubs with State Sporting Associations encouraged to pass details on to their member clubs.
Marketing and Communications Manager
|Wed Jul 8 2020, 7.00pm — Wed Jul 8 2020, 7.45pm|
Free (Member: Free)