Doing Sport Differently Webinar #2 – Restoring confidence: The club experience
People may be feeling less confident physically, socially and emotionally in returning to sport and have fears regarding their health and how to behave following the COVID-19 pandemic. This webinar series will focus on ‘Using the Doing Sport Differently principles to restore confidence in grassroots sport.’
In partnership with VicHealth and the La Trobe University Centre for Sport and Social Impact (CSSI), Vicsport is coordinating three ‘Doing Sport Differently’ webinars over three weeks.
The series is aimed at sport and recreation clubs, assisting them to restore confidence in participants and volunteers as well as providing a positive and safe customer experience following the COVID-19 pandemic.
All three webinars will feature recorded presentations from experts in the field which will be available to be downloaded and utilised by clubs, SSAs, RSAs and LGAs for their own localised webinars with smaller groups of clubs to unpack local challenges and opportunities.
The second ‘Doing Sport Differently’ webinar, titled ‘Restoring confidence: The club experience’ will focus on:
- Thinking about participants as customers and considering their total experience
- Using empathy to design experiences
- Identifying the touchpoints
- Considering core business (canteen, training etc.) as well as other experiences (social) to increase engagement
The discussion will be moderated by Vicsport with guest speakers including:
- Jonathan Coyne- Coordinator Recreation Services, City of Stonnington
- Rob Ward- Club and Programs Manager, Triathlon Victoria
- Vanessa Phillips- Senior Project Officer Physical Activity, VicHealth
- Dr. Erica Randle - Centre for Sport and Social Impact, La Trobe University
This is a free event aimed at sport and recreation clubs with State Sporting Associations encouraged to pass details on to their member clubs.
Marketing and Communications Manager
|Wed Jul 1 2020, 7.00pm — Wed Jul 1 2020, 7.45pm|
Free (Member: Free)