Media Training 101
Learn the ins and outs of the media industry to promote your sport to a wider audience
Join us for an evening of conversation with two of Melbourne's finest industry professionals at Vicsport's Media Training 101.
MC'd by Vicsport CEO, Lisa Hasker, hear from well known former SBS journalist, George Donikian and public affairs professional, George Hazim as they share tips and tricks on how to understand the media landscape.
This event is a great opportunity for sport administrators to gain a deeper understanding of the Victorian media landscape from two professionals who understand the media best.
Topics of discussion include:
- Media 101
- How does the media landscape in Victoria work?
- Media Releases
- What is the purpose of a media release?
- What type of content is suitable for a media release?
- What kind of stories is the media looking for? (ie local sport stories, current events/forums etc.)
- Where do you find industry contacts? (ie local paper, councils, social media - Twitter and LinkedIn profiles etc.)
- How can sports liaise/work with journalists to get their stories out? (ie health reporters, local sport reporters etc.)
- How do sports build relationships with journalists?
Refreshments from 5.30pm
Any queries regarding ticketing, contact Bron via email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you on the night!
|Tue Apr 30 2019, 5:30pm — Tue Apr 30 2019, 7:30pm|
Non VPN Member Ticket - $35 (Member: $25)
VPN Member Ticket - Free (Member: Free)
|Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre, Boardroom, 30 Aughtie Dr, Albert Park VIC 3206|