2023 Eligibility Criteria for all Nominations
All nominees for the 2023 Victorian Sport Awards will be required to fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
All nomination forms will have a tick box to select that the nominee meets the following three (3) eligibility criteria:
- To be considered as a Victorian, all nominees must be a product of the Victorian Sports System - i.e. contributed or Participated in the Victorian sports system for a minimum of seven years (three years for juniors). Additionally, all nominees must either be a resident in the state of Victoria - i.e. identify their primary residence as a location geographically based in Victoria OR be born in the state of Victoria.
- All contributions / achievements must have been achieved in the calendar year (January to December 2023).
- All nominees must meet the expectations of the Victorian Community Sport Code of Conduct:
- inclusion of every person regardless of their age, genders, diverse sexualities and/or sex characteristics,
- inclusion of every person regardless of their race, culture or religion,
- opportunities for people of all abilities to participate in the sport and develop to their full potential,
- respect is shown towards others, the club and the broader community,
- a safe and inclusive environment for all,
- elimination of violent and abusive behaviour, and
- protection from sexual harassment or intimidation.