2023 Victorian Sport Awards - Save the Date
The most prestigious night on our state’s sporting calendar, the Victorian Sport Awards (VSAs) provides the opportunity to recognise and celebrate those who made an outstanding contribution to Victorian sport across all levels during the previous calendar year.
Presented by the State Government of Victoria and Vicsport, this year’s VSAs will be held on Wednesday 12 June, 2024 in the Victory Room at Marvel Stadium, Docklands.
In all, 19 awards will be bestowed, acknowledging the full spectrum of Victorian sport across metropolitan and regional areas and from grassroots to high-performance competition throughout the 2023 calendar year.
This year’s VSAs will celebrate individual and team athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers, administrators, media personnel as well as the initiatives that kept Victorians active.
Of the 19 awards, 18 will be open for nominations via the Vicsport website between Monday 5 February and Friday 1 March, 2024 while the State Government Outstanding Contribution to Victorian Sport award will honour a lifetime achievement in Victorian sport.
Nominations are welcome from friends, family, teammates, sporting clubs, organisations and associations to honour the contributions to sport at all levels across Victoria.
Four finalists and eventually a winner for each of those 18 awards will then be decided by esteemed voting panels comprising Olympians, former athletes and Victorian sport administrators.
Finalists will be announced in April before the winners are revealed on Wednesday 12 June at Marvel Stadium.
All finalists, family, friends, sporting organisations and clubs are invited to attend the VSAs and celebrate the successes of sport in Victoria. Ticketing details will be announced soon.
Wednesday 12 June, 2024
6.00pm – 10.00pm
Marvel Stadium, Docklands
Categories in the 2023 Victorian Sport Awards are as follows:
- Leasexpress Coach of the Year
- Gallagher Community Coach of the Year
- Sports Accounting Australia Official of the Year
- etrainu Community Official of the Year
- AFL SportsReady Young Team of the Year
- AED Authority Team of the Year
- My Sport Live Community Sporting Event of the Year
- Love the Game Community Sporting Club of the Year
- Sports Administrator of the Year – Eunice Gill Award
- Bunnings Trade Local Government Initiative of the Year
- VAILO Volunteer of the Year
- Sport and Active Recreation Initiative of the Year
- Involve Masters Athlete of the Year
- rebel Young Athlete of the Year
- Outstanding Media Coverage of Sport Award
- Polytan Peter Norman Inclusion Award
- Frank Wilkes Award
- Kitty McEwan Award
- Victorian State Government Outstanding Contribution to Victorian Sport
More information on the 2023 Victorian Sport Awards can be found here.