2020 Victorian Sport Awards Nominations Now Open
It is with great pleasure that the State Government of Victoria and Vicsport announce nominations for the 2020 Victorian Sport Awards are now open!
Each year, the Victorian Sport Awards honours those who have made an outstanding contribution to sport in Victoria as an individual athlete or as a team as well as coaches, administrators and volunteers from metropolitan and regional areas in Victoria.
However, with sport on a lengthy hiatus through most of 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s Awards will be presented slightly differently. Eight (8) awards will be honoured with a focus on recognising inspiring initiatives, acknowledging those that have worked tirelessly to keep the spirit of Victorian sport alive whilst also celebrating our return to sport!
Nominations for the 2020 Victorian Sport Awards are open to everyone from all levels within sport. Eligibility criteria regarding the 2020 Victorian Sport Awards can be found here.
• Stack Sports Administrator of the Year - Eunice Gill Award
• Love the Game Volunteer of the Year
• Bunnings Local Government Initiative of the Year
• VicHealth Active Recreation Initiative of the Year
• Sport Group Peter Norman Inclusion Award
• Involve Group Outstanding Media Coverage of Sport Award
• Sports Accounting Australia Sport Initiative of the Year - NEW
• Victorian State Government Outstanding Contribution to Victorian Sport
2020’s inaugural award, the ‘Sports Accounting Australia Sport Initiative of the Year’ will specifically celebrate the innovative initiatives that sports produced during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
The 2020 Victorian Sport Awards will be held at Marvel Stadium on 25 May, 2021 with tickets going on sale 14 April.
Event details can be found via the Vicsport calendar here.
Please note, in order to provide a safe experience for all attendees, Vicsport will be adhering to the Victorian Government’s COVID safe guidelines for this event.