Vic Gov Opens Carer Grants Applications
The Department of Health and Human Services has announced that the Carer Organisations Statewide Partnership Grants Program is now open for applications.
Grants from $100,000 to $250,000 are available to enable partnerships between organisations like yours and carer specific organisations such as Carers Victoria, Tandem and Little Dreamers. The aim of these partnerships is to develop state wide approaches to improving conditions and opportunities for carers, in line with the priorities of the Victorian carer strategy 2018-22 as set out below:
Priority 1 - Carers have better health and wellbeing
Priority 2 - Carers are supported in school, study and work environments
Priority 3 - Carers can access support and services that meet their needs
Priority 4 - Carers have less financial stress
Priority 5 - Carers are recognised, acknowledged and respected
Partnerships that facilitate engagement with under-represented carer groups such as young carers, LBGTI carers, carers from Aboriginal backgrounds, carers from culturally diverse backgrounds, and carers living in rural and regional Victoria will be highly regarded.
Examples of the focus and results of potential partnerships include:
- Improved support for carers wanting to participate in sports and recreation activities, and other physical activity, from sporting bodies and other organisations
- Improved support in schools for students who have care responsibilities at home
- Better workplace conditions for carers
- Respite and support meeting needs of diverse carers
- Improved financial advice services and support for carers
- Improved recognition, access to services and support for carers from health service providers
For more information, full application guidelines and to apply for a grant go to https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/victorian-carers
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The grant application process involves two stages: an initial Expression of Interest (EOI) stage followed by a stage 2 full application stage for shortlisted EOI applicants invited to take part.
- EOI applications need to be submitted to the Department of Health and Human Services by 5pm, Monday 19 August 2019.
- For shortlisted EOI applicants, stage 2 full applications need to be received by 5pm, Monday 30 September 2019.
Published 29 July, 2019 by the Department of Health and Human Services. To view the original media release, click here.
For more opportunities to apply for grant, go to https://vicsport.com.au/grants