Transition to Mandatory Board Quotas
In December 2015, the Minister for Sport released the final report of the independent Inquiry into Women and Girls in Sport and Active Recreation – A Five Year Game Plan for Victoria – and committed to implement all nine of the Inquiry’s recommendations.
Recommendation 3 was to ‘Mandate gender balance and good governance principles’, with the Game Plan Inquiry making the following comments about implementation:
- A minimum quota of 40% should be set for female representation on governing bodies.
- A phase-in period of up to three years is reasonable for change.
- There should be annual monitoring and reporting against this quota.
Vicsport has been engaged by Sport and Recreation Victoria to support affected organisations to transition through the process in order to meet the minimum quota by 2019. The first stage of this support was an Industry Forum for CEOs and Board Members to provide:
- Information about the incoming quotas,
- Presentations from sports who are addressing the change
- An outline of the support available from Vicsport.
The following videos are an edited version of the presentations from the day.
For more information on the transition to mandatory board quotas, please visit our webpage or contact Vicsport (firstname.lastname@example.org or 9698 8100).
You may also be interested in...
Change Our Game Scholarship Program
Round two of the Change Our Game scholarships are now open.
Forward Thinking Series 2017-18
Combining innovation, sport and business, the Forward Thinking Series 2017-18 is back!