INSIGHT AND INNOVATION LAB TO LAUNCH VICSPORT FORWARD THINKING SERIES
- Build your capability to innovate in the changing business of community sport.
- Event will be facilitated by Doing Something Good, among Australia’s leading social innovators.
- Vicsport Forward Thinking Series events are offered free of charge to the sport and active recreation industry but space is strictly limited, register now.
The business of community sport is changing, and getting people active through sport is becoming more of a challenge. Vicsport is partnering with VicHealth to offer a series of innovative events to build industry capability to respond to the rapidly changing business of community sport and get more people active through sport.
The Forward Thinking Series will bring together leaders from the fields of sport and physical activity, and innovators and pioneers from across domains as diverse as service design, technology, social enterprise, communications, education and community development. Participants will learn from those who are leading in their prospective fields about how they can design and deliver engaging and sustainable service offerings, how to think and work together more effectively, and how they can identify and capitalise on emerging opportunities now, and in to the future.
The Forward Thinking Series will launch on February 17 with an Insight and Innovation Lab for Community Sport.
The Insight and Innovation Lab will provide an opportunity for participants to:
- gain insights into the changing business of community sport;
- learn about the principles and practices of leading entrepreneurs and social innovators, such as design thinking, startup methodology, strategic foresight, systems thinking and open collaboration;
- explore what a dynamic, innovative community sport sector might look like; and,
- identify how we can start taking sporting organisations or communities from where they are now, to where we want them to be.
The Insight and Innovation Lab will be facilitated by Doing Something Good, a leader in Victoria’s burgeoning social innovation sector. The event will also feature lightning talks by a cross section of leading thinkers, entrepreneurs and design professionals who will share their experiences and insights into innovation in service design and delivery, community building, business model development and working with teams.
The Insight and Innovation Lab runs from 8:30 – 12:30 at the iconic Drill Hall building in the Melbourne CBD.
Activities in Vicsport’s Forward Thinking Series are offered free of charge but space is strictly limited. Sessions are likely to be oversubscribed and participants are encouraged to register ASAP.
Please note this event is now at capacity. Register for the waitlist below.
Insight and Innovation Lab for Community Sport – Building capability to innovate in the changing business of community sport
Date: February 17, 2015
Time: 8:30 – 12:30
Venue: Drill Hall, 26 Therry St, Melbourne 3000
Cost: Free, but places are strictly limited
Vicsport’s Forward Thinking Series is supported by VicHealth
You may also be interested in...
COLLABORATION THE KEY AS LEADERS CONVERGE
Vicsport's Leading Thinkers Forum held today at the Donkey Wheel House in Melbourne's CBD saw some of Victoria’s leading thinkers in community sport gather to discuss and reflect on the changing landscape in which they operate
Vicsport welcomes Catherine Harding to the Board
Vicsport is pleased to welcome Catherine Harding as a non-executive director of the Board of Vicsport.
Victorian Paralympic Football Ready for National Championships
On Thursday, October 27 the Victorian Paralympic football team departed for Sydney for the National Paralympic seven-a-side football championships