2020 VicHealth Active Recreation Initiative of the Year
Nominations closed 5 March.
This award recognises the work of individuals, clubs, teams, groups or organisations (including SSAs) who have succeeded in enabling more people to participate in active recreation. This could be through a single initiative, event or longer-term initiative (i.e. program, project or campaign) implemented within the past 2-3 years which has provided significant benefit to Victorian sport during 2020.
To be eligible to be considered in this category, the nominee must:
- Be a community and/or active recreation club/group or individual within Victoria, or
- Be a State Sporting Association, Regional Sports Assembly or Vicsport Associate Member
The initiatives be related (but not limited) to:
- Participation recruitment and retention programs
- COVID-19 survival and recovery
- The impact of the initiative to encourage Victorians to participate in active recreation initiatives and/or to the sport
- Innovative approaches to the initiative and inclusive practices
- The number of participants
- The impact to participation within the sport
Selection Process & Voting:
For all information regarding selection and voting processes, return to the 2020 nominations information page.
|2020||FitSkills||La Trobe University|
|2019||Melbourne Tennis Month||Tennis Victoria|
|Previously Outdoor/Active Recreation Initiative of the Year:|
|2018||Escaping Your Comfort Zone|
|2016||Achilles Melbourne||Running Club|
|2015||Active in Parks||People and Parks Foundation|
|2014||Macedon Ranges Running Club
|2013||Cohuna Neighbourhood House