2018 Local Government Authority
Vicsport is pleased to announce we will be conducting four Local Government Authority (LGA) Forums in 2018.
Historically, Vicsport has held a one-day LGA Forum, however this year we have split the forums into four individual events to give our members an opportunity to attend a forum that is specific to the wide variety of roles and needs within their organisation.
Our forums have been tailored to meet the needs of CEOs, managers and development staff working in local councils.
Please take the opportunity to read through the forums listed below to see which event suits your requirements.
1) Locally-Led Delivery
2) Attracting Major Events
3) Successful Community Engagement Strategies
4) Final topic TBC
The first LGA forum titled "Locally-Led Delivery" will be held on 22 May 2018 and will cover the following topics of discussion:
- Developing shared local visions
- Utilising existing strengths and assets
- Local partnerships
- Building diverse local leaders
- Being adaptable and using feedback to inform actions
This forum will explore successful locally-led delivery approaches and provide an opportunity for attendees to identify how and when to use locally-led delivery to increase sport and recreation participation in their local area.
This workshop is designed for Vicsport members (predominately Local Government) to hear from industry experts such as Sports Marketing Australia, Sport & Recreation Victoria & Visit Victoria (formerly Melbourne Major Events) to further understand:
- Benefits of securing major sporting events (economic, social, capital, legacy effects)
- How to secure events. Available funding and support resources
- Working with sports, stakeholders & commercial providers
- Sports Marketing Australia, Visit Victoria and Sport & Recreation Victoria will present on the day and will be available to answer questions.
This forum will showcase examples from within the network of Victorian councils, highlighting successful approaches to community engagement in the sport & recreation setting. We will also engage in workshop and group activities to unpack the key steps required to successfully engage the community and explore how this can be done in partnership with external organisations, such as State Sport Associations or other key partners.
This Vicsport Forum is a joint workshop run and facilitated by Vicsport and Parks & Leisure Australia (PLA Vic/Tas Branch).
Building on work already completed by PLA (Vic/Tas) at the State Conference in 2017, this session will bring together SSAs and LGAs to highlight best practice and workshop solutions to support collaboration for the planning and provision of sport facilities. For more details and to register, click here.